Sometimes life gets you down. Here are seven things you should say to yourself to boost your spirits and remind you how special you really are.
1. I make great peanut putter and jelly sandwiches.
2. I am loved by most of my family members.
3. My dog loves me for at least 10 minutes past the time I am supposed to feed him every day. After that all bets are off.
4. I am great at many tennis skills. This includes saying, “Here we go, now! Let’s get back in this!” to my doubles partner after we are down 6 games to zero.
5. I am reasonably good at remembering to pay my cell phone bill before they cut me off.
6. I exercise religiously when I get time once a week on Monday morning for 10 minutes.
7. I am steadfast in my faith. Each of the three times I went to weekly Sunday mass at my church this year, I was very close to remembering the names of several people I went to high school with.