Jason Day had a good day yesterday. He captured his first major at the 2015 PGA Championship after knocking on the door in several previous majors. Here are a few things you may not know about the Australian phenom:
1. Practiced short game in Oz by shooting short pitches into the pouches of several kangaroos sitting 5 yards apart.
2. Once fought a shark off the Transylvanian coast who ate his 3-wood. He reached in the shark’s gullet and pulled it out.
3. Lives with his American wife in Columbus, Ohio. She didn’t understand a word he said until their fourth date.
4. Calls Rory McIlroy “The Irish.”
5. Once won a tournament in OZ when he mistakenly killed a pelican in mid-flight, the bird crashing on the green while the ball bounced in the hole.