You’ve heard the old bromide: Work Smarter, Not Harder. Here is how to do it:
- Every morning prepare a list of things you need to get done for that day and then hand that list to your dog.
- Create your own board of directors for advice and counsel — include your spouse and your significant other.
- Group activities together. Going to the store? Hold a sales meeting in the butter aisle.
- Prop up a dummy in your chair at work. Several advertising sales managers use this technique and sales went up 25 percent.
- Keep your staff motivated with your old stories about the days they allowed smoking in the office.
- Fire half your staff this morning and hire them back this afternoon as outsourcers.
- Create a power-converter into your mouse that changes mouse clicks into energy. Retire young, go golfing.
These are a just a few of the many ways you can work smarter to get ahead of those dorks you work with.