Bubba Watson opened with a double bogey today at the 2015 US Open Championship at Chambers Bay near Tacoma, Washington. His frustration continued to mount as the pace of play slowed to a crawl.
Finally, he couldn’t take it anymore and teed up a ball in the middle of a fairway, shooting it straight into a Port-A-Potty, knocking it over with a man inside.
Is Bubba right to be upset? Here are some of the reasons for today’s slow play:
- Henrik Stenson stopping along the gallery ropes to teach Swedish swear words to fans.
- Dustin Johnson insisting on walking to his ball like he’s John Wayne.
- Matt Kuchar making his caddie yell, “Kuch!” after every shot.
- Francesco Molinari cooking 5-minute pasta meals between holes.
- Jason Dufner getting so relaxed he falls asleep mid-swing.
- Ernie Els constantly searching for his swing from the 90s.
- Cody Gribble pushing his new dog food, “Gribble’s Kibbles.”
- Patrick Reed using a the Cadillac Escalade he won at the 2014 WGC-Cadillac Championship as a golf cart.
Bubba Watson can get extra riled up at times, but when you look at these antics on the course today, you can see why he might have a good reason.